Monday, June 21, 2010

Truffle Salt

So, after my dinner at Abacus with the girls I met up with the guy I was dating (GIWD) (note: past tense) and, well, that's all I'm going to write about that as this is not that kind of blog. Anyway, part of my post-mortem routine is to try to figure out what I took away with each relationship. Most of what I take away are (now) funny stories - the sources of my deep seeded hatred for juicers and incense and the now facebook famous Earring-Gate. But sometimes I take away something new I didn't have in my life before. This time, I got truffle salt (and I'm sure I'll take away a few more things but it's been 2 days people. Give me some time). This guy (who is a great cook) introduced me to it. You can get it at CM in the spice/sugar aisle. It's ridiculously expensive. I think I paid $29.95 for the jar when I picked some up a couple of weeks ago but a little goes along way so it's totally worth it. You should know I'm not a salt girl. My mom didn't use it much since my dad had high blood pressure so I've never really developed a taste for it. When I see people I know add additional salt on food before they taste it, I'm horrified. And when I see people salt their salads and their pizza, I get a little nauseous. But the truffly taste of this salt is my current food obsession. I've found so many things to put it on. I put it on an avocado and tomato salad I made the other day. Last night I sprinkled it on the ribeye and the corn on the cob I grilled. Really couldn't taste it on the steak but it added such a wonderful flavor to the corn. You should try it! Thanks GIWD!

1 comment:

  1. Moving quickly through the 5 stages of grief, I see...love it.

    ReplyDelete