Thursday, August 19, 2010

Mmmmmm, Hattie's

So a few years back I had this incredible opportunity to attend and present at our women employment law conference on the west coast. These conferences were a ton of work but there was spa time and most importantly I got to meet a bunch of wonderful west cost gals who were not only amazing attorneys but great people as well. Today one of my Cali gals was in Dallas for the day and I was so happy when she accepted my dinner invitation.

Cali attorney had spent the last 3 days in Denison but she was telling me about all the wonderful food she found there - catfish, bbq, you name it, she ate it. Knowing she was not a picky eater, I knew I could go just about anywhere. She was staying at the Joule so I could have just taken her to Charlie Palmer but I really didn't want to do the chain. So instead, I took her to one of my favorite restaurants in town Hatties.

We started out with the bonus course -- bison corn dogs. I'm still not convinced it was bison because it sure did look like a hot dog to me, but it was so good. The dog had a spicy, cheesy flavor. Delish.

My next course was a spinach and strawberry salad with Gorgonzola and almonds. It was slightly overdressed and the cheese was virtually non-existent but it was still tasty.

The third course was beef tenderloin with a potato galette and green beans with bacon. Did I mention the bacon?

And for dessert -- Key. Lime. Pie. One of my favorite dessert of all time. Not quite as good as Houston's Key Lime Pie but pretty darned close.

It was a wonderful dinner and we had an absolutely wonderful time. Lots of laughter and fun. Hattie's did not disappoint.

As evidenced from this blog, I have been doing some serious eating for the last couple of days. But did that stop me from cleaning my plate(s)? Hells to the no. I'm giving my trainer on Saturday permission to hurt me, badly. I deserve it, particularly after Fearings tomorrow. But it has all been so worth it.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Let me know if you need a guest blog about Samar. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I'll take a guest blogger. Know of one? ;)

    ReplyDelete