Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Lunchtime at Stephan Pyles

So, I was really good yesterday. Salad for lunch and chicken, broccoli and brown rice for dinner. But today my mediation at the EEOC downtown finished at just after 1pm and I was so hungry. I was excited when my client accepted my lunch invitation.

Since we were downtown, I decided on Stephan Pyles. SP is one of my favorite restaurants in Dallas. I've been there several times before but this was the first time I went to lunch there. At Fearing's on Friday, IM was raving about how reasonable and tasty the lunch menu was at SP (granted she's a little bias because her hubby is the Executive Chef at SP - and I think Matt McCallister is THE chef to watch in this town- but IM also knows her stuff) so I had to check it out.

IM was absolutely right. The lunch menu is completely reasonable. They have a good variety of big salads, flat breads, and entrees for under $15. Their burger -- $10! I ordered the grilled chicken with mashed potatoes and grilled corn and my client ordered the seafood special -- cod with a tomato risotto and I think a fennel salad. We both made happy plates. My chicken was cooked well and the mashed potatoes were delicious. Not fancy, just a good hearty meal (and I was starving so hearty is what I wanted).

Added bonus for SP -- BEST ICED TEA IN TOWN! It was so refreshing and tasty. I could drink it all day.

I somehow managed to abstain for the Heaven and Hell cake for dessert. But I'm definitely going back -- this time, for the burger.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment