Sunday, March 13, 2011

Chefs for Farmers 3



I just got home from Chefs for Farmers 3, which benefited one of my favorite charities, The Family Place. Had so much fun. It was very different from the last two CFFs, which were sit down, more formal meals. Here, we walked the line at Highland Park Cafeteria and jammed to some tunes spun by a DJ.






It was embarrassing how much I ate. I was such a glutton. To give you a complete idea of my gluttony, here's what was served. I'll highlight what I didn't eat.

Brian Luscher of The Grape
Cabbage Rolls, Liver & Onions, Butterscotch Pudding

Dan Landsberg of Hotel Zaza:
Meatloaf

J. Chastain of The Second Floor Bistro
Ambrosia, Garden Fresh Salad, Sweet Potato Hash

Jack Perkins of Maple and Motor
Chicken Fried Steak & Greens (these somehow didn't get on my tray)

Janice Provost & Chad Houser of Parigi Restaurant
Tater Tots with Pork Belly, Jello

Jill Bates of Fearing's
Vanilla Malt Ice Cream Sandwich

John Tesar
Mac n Cheese, Fried Chicken

Justin Fourton & Diane Fourton of Pecan Lodge
Burnt Ends, Maple Grits, Banana Pudding

Kelly Hightower of Nova
Crayfish Bread Pudding, Broiled Grouper

Matt McCallister
Broccoli Cheddar Soup, Green Chili Cheesy Potatoes, Rice Casserole, Mashed Potatoes with Gravy

Randall Copeland & Nathan Tate of Restaurant AVA
Wild Boar Sloppy Joes, Biscuits

Rick Griggs of Collage Bakery & Bar
Modern Strawberry Shortcake (I ran out of room on my tray)

Scott Romano of Charlie Palmer
Fresh Pasta with Duck Meatballs

Tim Byres of Smoke
Salisbury Steak with Gravy



Yes, that's my tray. How embarrassing is that? Shhhhh . . . don't tell my trainer.

There were a few standouts of the night. I'm definitely going to check out Pecan Lodge in the Farmers Market soon. Those burnt ends were simply amazing as was the super tender brisket (which I ate with a spoon after my tray ate my fork). Restaurant AVA's wild boar sloppy joes (with coleslaw on top) and the AVA biscuits were scrumptous. Chef Brian's cabbage rolls rivaled my Mom's galumpkies (although Mom's will always be my favorite). Matt McCallister's green chili cheesy potatoes was a dish I want to serve every Thanksgiving. And Dan Landsberg's meatloaf and Tim Byres' salisbury steak made me love those dishes again.

There was a ton of wine served in fun glassware and Deep Eddy Sweet Tea Vodka was there serving drinks. It was such a fun night for a great cause. I was so glad to be part of it.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment