Friday, December 17, 2010

Salum




Went to Salum for lunch on Friday. I forgot they serve lunch, and I'm so happy that K suggested it.

Salum is one of my favorite restaurants in Dallas. I have eaten there several times for dinner and have always enjoyed it. Never a bad meal and always great service. Chef Abraham's rack of lamb with mushroom bread pudding is one of my favorite dishes. I have the recipe and am dying to try it. Anyone want to volunteer to be my guinea pig?

The lunch menu is diverse and extremely well priced. Salads, sandwiches, entrees. http://salumrestaurant.com/menu.html I had a portobello panini with goat cheese and tomatoes. It came with your choice of fries, vegetable fries or salad. I chose the salad. It was simple but good. And did I mention is was $8.50? K ordered a caesar salad which had white anchovies and a parmesan chip. In addition she had curry shrimp on naan with the vegetable fries. K really enjoyed it.

The service was very nice and attentive. Chef Abraham even served us our lunch. He spent the entire time we were there spending time with his guests. He's one of the nicest chefs in Dallas.

Salum is also one of the prettiest restaurants in Dallas. White tablecloths and muted tones, it's a nice place for a business lunch or a romantic dinner. Definitely go. I know I'll be back.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment