Sunday, July 18, 2010

Pizza Lounge

So I went to Pizza Lounge right across the street from Fair Park. Friend of a friend owns the place and we decided to check it out. There were 6 of us and we decided to get 3 pies. The guys ordered the Muchacho which was full of various peppers. Too hot for my taste but the guys really liked it. S ordered a chicken and jalepeno pizza. S likes a thinner crust so she was slightly disappointed. She liked the taste but found there was too much dough for her case. K and I ordered a pizza called the Dime Bag (appropriate name for location). It's a vegetarian pizza with spinach, broccolini and rappini (broccoli rabe) with mozzarella and provolone. K and I added some Jimmy's hot sausage to our pie and that was a wise decision on our part. I like a thicker pizza dough and this one tasted great and held up well with the toppings. One of the best pizzas I have had in a very long time.

We also ordered a "greek salad" and I really didn't like it. There was no lettuce, but instead white onions, purple onions, cucumbers, kalamata olives and tomatoes. I don't eat raw onions so I left a lot on the plate. The "salad" was also underdressed which made it kinda bland. K kept insisting that there was fennel in the salad but I couldn't see it (and ended up eating a raw onion slice to test if it was fennel instead). Then I realized there wasn't fennel in the salad but a couple of fennel seads. It was a little odd.

This would probably end up being my regular pizza joint but for the location. It's Fair Park and we had to avoid a homeless guy with a cart to get back to our car. But they do deliver. I wonder if they go as far as Lakewood. Hmmm. . .

1 comment: