Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bob's

Went to Bob's for a client dinner last night. Believe it or not, it was my first time there. You'd think my love for all things cow would mean I'd been there at least once in 9 years I've been back in Dallas. Anyway, it was soooooo good. I had a 9oz filet, medium rare with a baked potato. The filet was grilled to perfection and it was so flavorful. The baked potato was, well, a baked potato but they used real bacon bits which was much appreciated. And the carrot which accompanied the steak and potato was the perfect little bit of sweet.

We also ordered the onion rings which were disappointing. I appreciated that the server recommended that we order a half order because if we had ordered a whole order, I'd still be eating them now, 24 hours later. Really all the onion rings needed was a few more seconds in the fryer. They tasted fine but they were pretty limp. My client mentioned the issue to the server and she took them off our bill. Again, much appreciated.

Think I'm now going to be on the search for the best onion rings in Dallas. It's a noble quest although one my cholesterol won't care for. Baileys Prime claims they have them, but I wasn't convinced.

No comments:

Post a Comment