Saturday, November 6, 2010

La Duni

Went to La Duni on McKinney this morning for a birthday brunch. They don't take reservations so our party of 11 was a challenge but we did not wait very long for our table.

I go to La Duni on Oak Lawn quite a bit since it's down the street from my office. Service is always a bit spotty but the food is always spot on. I seem to order the same thing when I go there -- the pollo con palmitas. Grilled chicken breast, hearts of palm, avocado, sliced tomatoes, and pickled onions (my favorite). It's good and good for you. Loves it.

I hadn't been for brunch in awhile. Began with a bellini. Very refreshing but glad I didn't get another one. Would have spent the rest of this beautiful day sleeping it off if I had.

Everyone ordered and our meals all showed up at random times. Two here, two there. Some of us had to start eating before others had their food or it would get cold.

But once the food arrived, everyone seemed pretty happy. I ordered the breakfast tacos. Scrambled eggs, tomatoes, scallions, with black beans and potatoes, served with corn tortillas. La Duni's scrambled eggs are so good. Really soft and flavorful. I think they may be made with crack. Could not stop eating. Potatoes were fantastic as well.

We ran into a few glitches in paying out our bill. They offered to do separate tabs which was greatly appreciated because, well, none of us ever have any cash. One of our tablemates didn't get her bill until well after everyone else had paid out. Another had put down a 20 and was told twice that she had only put in 2 5s. They charged the one person who did not eat and who only had soda water, $2.25 for a glass of soda. But whatever. L had a good birthday. That's all we can ask.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment