Thursday, September 16, 2010

Places I want to go, but haven't gone to yet

In case anyone wants to take me out to dinner in the near future (please no commentary from the peanut gallery on my sad excuse for a dating life), here's my list of places that I still want to try but haven't gone to yet in no particular order:

York Street. Don't know why I haven't gone yet. Have been wanting to for years. It's down the street from my house for goodness sakes. Probably because it's all quaint and romantic and, well, . . . (shut it peanut gallery). http://www.yorkstreet.com

Ellerbe's Fine Foods (Fort Worth). Voted by Esquire Magazine as one of the best new restaurants in America. Must. Go. Soon. http://www.ellerbefinefoods.com

Lonesome Dove (Fort Worth). Must admit, have a slight foodie crush on Tim Love since his appearance on Top Chef Masters. Probably need to plan a Fort Worth foodie weekend (did that sound stalkerish?). Who's in? http://www.lonesomedovebistro.com/

Nonna (Lomo Alta and Lemmon, across from Whole Foods). Another place I don't know why I haven't been to yet. It's close to work. Just never think of it. http://www.nonnadallas.com/

Dive Coastal (Snider Plaza). IM raves about this place. So going to have to check it out.

Parigi (Oak Lawn). When I went to 48 nights last time, the chefs from Parigi were our guest chefs and OMG they rocked! And so excited about them being part of Chefs for Farmers (buy your tickets yet?). Again, down the street from office. No excuses. http://www.parigidallas.com/

Finally, although not technically a restaurant, so excited to try Stephan Pyles' Fuego at some point. All those courses, all that artistry and nerdy food stuff. Loves it! http://stephanpyles.com/events.asp

Where else should I put on my list? WiDiDallas wants to know.

Cheers!

9 comments:

  1. Bonnell's Fine Texas Cuisine in Fort Worth (to go with your FW theme earlier). I dated Jon Bonnell in my 20's and now he's all successful and stuff....stupid me for breaking up with him. :) Anyway, I heard the restaurant was great. All meat is from his ranch and he works with local farmers for the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ocean Prime is high on my list. Also Restaurant AVA in Rockwall which we discovered last weekend AFTER we'd already eaten.

    PS Not sure how blogspot does it but there has to be a way to make those links clickable. There's either a link button or you can use the following format in a non-WYSIWYG editor changing the parens to angle brackets (have to use parens so it doesn't get interpreted as a link).

    (a href="link_goes_here")Link Text Goes Here(/a)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want to go to Ocean Prime Brett, go there for the people watching and the drinks. Don't have great expectations about the food. Everyone I know who has eaten there has given it an "eh".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Sarah. Will I actually get to witness you consuming actual food?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been to all on your wish list except one, Dive. Was the very first to sample Fuego and it is ever bit as good (and fun) as you might imagine.

    This is an impressive list and would be pleased to be part of the exploratory dining.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I assume I'll see (meet) you at Chefs for Farmers Steven? We'll have to map out the exploration then.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely. Enjoy reading your adventures.

    ReplyDelete