Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Eddie V's

Went to Eddie V's again last night for a client dinner. I'd been there a couple of times before when it first opened and liked it, so I was glad when the boss picked it.

We started with salads. I ordered the heirloom tomato and buffalo mozzarella salad. It was good, but it needed a litte more single to it. The heirloom tomatoes were HUGE. Could have probably have just had this for dinner but did I stop there, of course not.

Both client and boss ordered the filet. They both really enjoyed it. But I'm a big believer in ordering fish at a fish restaurant so that's what I did. I ordered the red snapper with crab. I was sort of unimpressed. It kind of tasted like a fish stick. The best fish stick I've ever eaten, but still . . .fish stick.

Sides were great. Sauted spinach instead of the highly caloric creamed spinach you usually get in these places was tasty. The french fries were delish as well although I wish they would have given us something other than plain old ketchup to dip them in. The waiter brought out the truffled mac and cheese even though we hadn't ordered it. He must have put it on our bill by mistake but he comped it for us. Best mistake of the day! It was a really good side. Good mac n cheese and the truffles did not overpower the dish.

Overall a good food night although not particularly inspired.

Final musing: Man, I really wish the bar had become more of a 30/40 something scene. I really like the bar. They make a great manhattan and their martinis are really good too. But I guess the swinging single 60 year olds need a place to call their own so I can't begrudge them for that.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I think you need to start snapping pics of these dishes so we can get a visual! Could be slightly embarrassing whipping out your cameraphone at dinner, but think of your 7 followers.

    ReplyDelete