Sunday, April 17, 2011

BEE's Enchiladeria

I had planned on meeting some girlfriends for 25 cent margaritas at Gloria's on Thursday. As I was driving there, they called to warn me there was a llllllllooooooonnnnnggggggggg line to get into Gloria's. Seriously people? Standing in line to save $2.75? Happy hour margaritas at Gloria's are only 3 bucks people. Okay, maybe when I was broke and in school I would be one of those people in line. But now that I earn an actual paycheck, I'll spend the extra money so I don't have to stand in line. Not like I'm saving for Murray's college education anyway. He can apply for financial aid, just like I did. Besides, I'm sure we can find a scholarship program for rescue dogs when the time comes.

So we decided to go to BEE's Enchiladeria instead. We started with . . . margaritas. They weren't a quarter, but were under 4 bucks and served in a small Styrofoam cup with a straw (classy, I know). Not the best margarita I've ever had, but it'll do, especially since I didn't have to stand in line.

Now, BEE stands for Best Enchiladas Ever. It's an enchiladeria after all. Isn't enchiladeria a great word? It just makes me smile every time I say it. Just kind of rolls off the tongue, doesn't it? Enchiladeria. Smile.

Now in order to get the "Best Enchilada Ever", you have to go through an ordering process. Which isn't hard. It's just a pain. When you arrive, grab an order form and fill it out. You can choose how many enchiladas you want (one or two), the type of tortilla you'd like, the filling, and the topping. So I guess if you don't have the Best Enchilada Ever, it's your own fault because you chose poorly. I ordered a blue corn tortilla with chicken and poblano crema and a corn tortilla with mushrooms and spinach and queso.

After you place your order and pay, you wait. And wait. And wait for them to call your name to go through the line and put on the rest of your toppings. There were apparently some to go orders ahead of us and so we stood there for quite some time. Once they do call your name, you get to pick additional toppings for your enchiladas -- lettuce, tomatoes, corn, pico de gallo, cheeses, etc.

I enjoyed my enchiladas. The ingredients were very fresh, and I'd like to think they were a whole lot healthier than the chicken enchiladas in sour cream sauce or cheese enchiladas with ranchero sauce I like to get at Mia's. Everything tasted good, even though they were a tad cold. But were they the Best Enchiladas Ever? Well, they were the best enchiladas I've ever had at an enchiladeria, how about that? And I think that's enough for me. BEE's will be my go-to place when I want Mexican but I want to eat something other than my usual. Or when I have to stand in line to get into Gloria's.

Oh, and everybody say it with me now, enchiladeria!!!!!

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment