Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Wai Wai

Wai Wai

I had a meeting in Richardson this afternoon and just did not feel great. I'd been feeling a little off all day and a long meeting did not help. I cancelled my Rangers' watching plans and decided to spend the night at home to see if I can get rid of this crud before it starts. On my way home, I called in an order at Wai Wai on Mockingbird, next to SMU. I discovered Wai Wai earlier this year as it's right next door to the place where I get my nails done. I often get their chicken pad thai. It's pretty good, although it is a bit sweet sometimes. But I absolutely adore their Tom Yum soup with chicken. When I had laryngitis this spring (I lost my voice completely for a week. Me, not talking for a week. Imagine that.), it was all I wanted to eat. It's a little spicy with lime, cilantro, fresh tomatoes, green onions and mushrooms. It's like the cure for the common cold. But for the score of the game (come on Rangers), I would be feeling great right now. I also recommend their summer rolls. Some of the best in Dallas, although I think their peanut sauce could be just a tad thicker. I've been to Wai Wai about a dozen times and I either get the pad thai or the soup and summer rolls. I probably need to expand my menu selections there, but I found what I like and don't really feel the need to change it. I'm okay with that.

Headed to The Grape tomorrow to see what Chef Brian has up his sleeve for its 38th birthday celebration. Can't wait. Read all about it here on Friday.

Cheers!

1 comment: